Tuesday, March 5, 2013

                                         Subtle Bodies

 

Subtle Bodies is an exhibition of paintings from an ongoing body of work that is based on a specific process and materials that are used to augment my understanding of human desire.
This work has been a direct result of a three year journey at the University of Hawaii and my experiences in India during that time have had a huge impact on my work and my life. I am sharing some of my thoughts and my artistic process on this same blog that I had used during my time in India. This work is part of my MFA thesis and much what I share on this blog is from my written thesis that I am in the process of finishing.  The exhibition will be on April 7th-12th, 2013 in the Commons Gallery at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.  
I welcome your comments and questions. 




"Thence arose primal desire in the beginning,
The first seed of the mind;
Wise sages searched into the heart of mystery
And found existences kinship in nonexistence. “
Rig Veda 10.4
 

Through the unspoken language of materials, bodily actions and intent the practitioner of Hinduism and yoga strives toward the experience of truth through the body. In the same manner, these principles are applied to my artistic process for a deeper understanding of the cycle of human desire and action through mark making and materials.

The cycle of desire is temporal, ephemeral, and repeatable.




No comments:

Post a Comment